Sunday, January 1, 2012

I'm Alive! New Project! 7 Gypsies Tray Idea

Hello! After a 3 month break from blogging, I'm back! Sorry for the lack of posts, but I moved from sunny Arizona to the east coast. Most of my scrapbooking supplies have been packed up for months! And with everything that goes along with a move, I haven't had time to craft! :( I am so happy to have all of my things in order and to finally get back to my hobby. I've missed it so much.


My family was here for Christmas and I hadn't finished making gifts for my mother and sister. Don't worry, they received plenty of store bought items on Christmas day, but I wanted to make something special. It was my absolute last night to finish this project (their flights departed at 6am), so I stayed up until 3:30 finishing these 7 Gypsies Photo Trays. What a crazy night! I am sad that the coloring on the photos is a little off, but I didn't have any natural light to work with at 3:30am! Haha. I finished these gifts just before I had to drive my family to the airport. Whew. Oh, and of course I took photos of them opening their gifts to scrapbook later. They may not have been happy having their picture taken so early in the morning! *Only a true scrapbooker would make such a request. 


Here is the tray that I made for my mother:
 The colors of the project are actually red, white, gray and black, but appear more cream colored in the photos. You can use your imagination, right? :) My mother thought this gift with some of my favorite childhood photos was very heart-felt.  
Initially, I wasn't sure how I was going to find pictures small enough to fit inside the tiny windows. A good solution was printing wallet-sized photos at Costco for the larger windows. For the very small windows where a wallet sized photo was still too large, I simply did not crop the photos on a photo editing program first. This allowed me to use my paper trimmer to crop the photo. This allowed me to get the images small enough to fit, especially on full-body shots. 



I will post my sister's gift tomorrow.

Love,
Tashina

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely loved my Christmas gift. When I was a little girl I use to do something similiar to this and it was called "Hodge Podge". Thank you for my gift.

    ReplyDelete