Friday, September 2, 2011

Boating Double Page Layout

Banners and twine are really trendy right now, so last night I felt inspired to try my hand at one. I looked through my sizeable Cricut library and found lots of banners, but none in the shape I was looking for. What? No Cricut shapes? I thought back to the old days when I didn't have a Cricut and thought, "Hmm...maybe I can try making my own." And I did! I guess I don't have to be so dependent on my Cricut afterall. :) I'm still working on my pictures from my trip to India. Here is the whole layout: 
The banner I was so proud of: 
Lately, I've really been into using three patterned papers, cutting them into wavy shapes and then layering them. I found this K&Company paper pack from the 4th of July on clearance at Michael's and I thought it matched the blue and white striped sail on the boat in my photos.  
This little medallion had an American flag on it, so I removed it and replaced it when a chipboard circle with the year the pictures were taken: 
Here is a look at the second page. Do you remember the Advantix camera system? This panoramic photo was taken before digital! I remember the fog being so beautiful right off the lake in this tiny town nestled in the foothills of the Himalayas.: 
Here is a sailboat that I did make using my Cricut. :) I love those striped flowers.
Supply list:
Boat- Cut from the Cricut B is for Boy Cartridge at 4.5"
Paper: Bazzill Basics and K&Company Americana
Medallion: K&Company
Flowers: Michael's Recollections
Twine: We R Memorykeepers
Font: Cut from the Cake Basics Cartridge at 1"
Banner: My own design :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment