Thursday, August 4, 2011

Altered Notebook: Weight Loss Journal

This is my first official Miss Crafty Pink blog post. So here's a little about me: I live in Sunny Arizona and I love, love (ok, maybe we can even say that I'm obsessed with) scrapbooking. I've even had dreams about this hobby. I love it all. The glitter, the stickers, pearls, flowers, bows...seriously what's not to love? One of my favorite scrapbooking companies issued a design team call so I'm trying to build up my blog to apply! Even if I'm not selected, it still will be fun to post some of my projects on-line. Hopefully this little blog will inspire you! 

My first project is a weight loss journal that I made as a gift for my sister. She wanted it to say "Gonna be Bomb.com", meaning I wanna be really cute and fabulous. Well, I already think she's gorgeous, but here's what I came up with. Enjoy!
For the cover, I paper-pieced a woman's body using a template and added a little rhinestone for her belly button ring. I painted the entire cover with acid-free Modge Podge to help seal all of the paper elements and to protect the cover. The template is from a book called, "Treasury of Tips and Tricks" by Paper Crafts Magazine and Stamp It!. It's an oldie, but a goodie and you can still purchase it on Amazon.com here

Here are some of the inside pages. The stickers on the "Preliminary Measurements Page" are from Doodlebug, Rob and Bob Studio and SEI. It was a great way to use up some of the mismatched letter stickers that I have stashed away:
And of course, what weight loss journal would be complete without a way to reward yourself? For this page, I slipped some money in the library pocket to get a special treat!
A reminder to pamper yourself. Stamp image from Stampin' Up! I made the bubbles with diamond glaze and added giltter (my fav) for a special effect:
And of course, when you exercise and feel cuter, what lady doesn't want to splurge and go shopping? I slipped some more cash in the tiny envelope from Lasting Impressions and topped the page off with some cute alphabet and purse stickers from Doodlebug!

Love,

Sheenie

No comments:

Post a Comment