Sunday, August 7, 2011

Super Easy Invitations

I made some easy peasy invitations using my Cricut Imagine machine.  I totally love this machine because unlike the traditional Cricut Expression, I can instantly print 15 invitations in color without having to change paper, piece and then glue everything together. I have the option to cut additional layers if I want to add dimension. Oh! And I love that I can change colors of certain items before I print. For projects like invitations, you can literally finish everything in an hour or so. 

Here's the finished product (sorry for the ugly lines--I had to blur the address out):


I was asked how I get the text of the invitation centered within the oval. This is where the Cricut Expression is very useful! I basically print the text on my regular computer printer and then utilize the "Center Point" function on the Expression to cut around the text in a way that's evenly distributed. Here's a little video that explains it better:
Hope that was helpful! The artwork was from the Cricut Imagine More Cartridge. 

Love,
Sheenie

No comments:

Post a Comment