Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Project 1: Doodlebug Christmas Card

Hi friends! The application for the first ever Doodlebug design team is due in a week and I've been busy working on my projects. We have to submit two cards, a layout and a three-dimensional project. I may or may not have stayed up until 4:30am on Saturday night watching back to back episodes of 24 on Netflix while crafting away completely oblivious to the time.... Oopsie. Anyway--here is my first project! I hope that you enjoy it!

Here is a view of the front of the card. I love this striped Doodlebug paper. It reminds me of a candy cane! I cut a thin strip to look like a ribbon, and used a circle punch to make a circle slightly larger than the Santa sticker: 
I lined the envelope with the playful candy cane paper to match: 
Doodlebug came out with this fantastic create-a-card concept. There is an assortment of cards and envelopes in all shapes and colors that you can mix and match. What a novel idea! I picked up a gorgeous tri-folding raspberry colored card and matching envelope at my local scrapbooking store. The cards are displayed like this:  
Here is a view of the first fold of the card:
I lined the inside of the card. I love the little gingerbread, stockings and cups of hot cocoa on the paper!
A close up of the middle of the card. The sparkly snowman is the cutest: 
I decorated the back of the envelope with snowflakes:
And the front of the card with a present: 
Here is one last view of the card. I used pop dots to add dimension to the Santa: 

No comments:

Post a Comment